Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jeans - The Rivets Have Arrived!

The color is what I was expecting and they are not too shiny.  DD#2 bought me a Dritz jean rivet tool kit to attach them.  From what I can tell, the only other tool needed is a hammer.  Well, I also need a nail and maybe a scrap of wood, to protect the floor from the hammer.
I picked up this pattern, McCall's 5142.  It is similar to the other McCall's jeans pattern, but it is a Misses' size, not a Women's.  I border between Misses' and Women's sizes and, according to the pattern measurements, this one should fit me, too.  After comparing the two, I may morph them, depending on what I see. From past experience, I know that changes will be made, regardless of which side I choose.  For this project, I have decided to choose both.

I finally cut out the pieces for the mock wrap t-shirt.  This will be another muslin as I altered the inset piece to attach at the shoulders and the armscyes.  The 1/4" folded-over front edge finish will be replaced with a band.  The sleeve hems will also be finished with the same type of band:  a folded rectangle that is slightly stretched as it is sewn to the other pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment