Monday, May 7, 2012

Style Arc Anita Peasant Blouse


My new blouse is made from a teal rayon challis print purchased from Fabric.com nearly a year ago. I love it! The cropped pants, Burda Style 02-2011-123A, were sewn last April and have become a favorite.

I have been sewing other garments, too. I put together a pair of the Style Arc Peta cropped pants and another pair of the Ottobre Every-Woman’s Pant (05-2008-16). And, waiting their turn by the Bernina, are the cut pieces for the Style Arc Katherine pants. I’ll get you some pictures soon. By the way, the Style Arc Susan t-shirts fit well and are comfortable. I’ve retraced the pattern with the changes and am ready to make more.

BIG NEWS: DD#1 is getting married! I am making my dress for the wedding and I need to finalize the design and get busy. So far, I have a beautiful turquoise/Capri blue embroidered silk organza that I want to use for a shrug/little jacket thingy. There are also several yards of matching silk dupioni on order for the dress. It will be floor length and fully lined. 

I’ll definitely be stitching a muslin first. Now, the dress should be underlined, right? With silk organza? Bodice only? What is typical? I suppose I’ll need to figure out how to do an invisible zipper/lining combination…

Ah, a learning opportunity…

2 comments:

  1. There is a video on youtube that I found through Threadbanger that was fabulous! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this blog. If you can buy Buy Cropped Peasant Blouse, Buy fashion jewelry set online, Buy Camo Jogging Set, Buy Metal bangles and bracelets etc. We have special offer for you now of installment. If you want to buy any item you can pay full or in 4 interest-free installments for order between $50 to $3000. We also have embroidery services.

    Adjustable Gold Chain Fashion Necklace

    Casual Sequined Stacked Pants

    Canvas Crossbody Purses

    Beaded bracelet set

    ReplyDelete