Monday, March 22, 2010

Jeans - Completed

The waistband topstitching went well, except for the center fronts.  For the first time, the Bernina skipped a stitch.  I was half-inclined to leave it but it was very obvious.  So, I ripped it out and tried again.

I cut another denim strip to use for the belt loops and serged the long edges.  Those serged edges were brought to overlap, slightly, on the backside.  Then, the strip was topstitched from the front, catching the three layers together.

After the buttonhole was made, it was time for the button and the rivets.  I used a plastic cutting board to protect the table from the hammer.  The jeans button went on easily and prior to putting the rivets on the jeans, I practiced my rivet attaching technique on a scrap of folded denim.  Practicing was a great idea as a few sets were ruined before I got it right.  By the way, the Dritz tool kit was a big help.

I will try to post some photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment