One of the rivets didn’t set right, so I removed it and tried again. I am not sure what tool should be used for rivet removal, but this is what I did:
First, I lifted the edges of the rivet up with a screwdriver and then I cut off the stem using this tool. It worked and if I need to remove any other rivets, this is the method I will use.
The Bernina is back. I was able to speak to someone at the shop. To keep it running well, I need to do the following about once a month:
- Lower and raise the feed dogs (they get stuck if not used)
- Run the basting stitch (yep – learned the hard way on that one)
- Make buttonholes (again, it keeps things from getting stuck)
- Use the embroidery stitches (specifically the honeycomb stitch as the needle has to go forward/backward and left to right to make the stitch)