Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pull-On Trousers/Pants - Burda 01-2008-132

The pin fitting for Burda 01-2008-132 has been completed.  This pattern is a pull-on pant with a partial elastic waistband.

The front pockets are what convinced me to give this pattern a try.

Other than the too-large waist, it looks like this pattern should fit. I chose the size based on the hip measurement.  Size 46 matched the hip measurement of a pair of pants that I like to wear.

There isn’t a zipper or some other type of opening.  Therefore, the waist area is loose so the pants can be pulled up over the hips.  When the pattern was traced, I went ahead and added for a fly zipper at the center front.  That way, if I don’t like the waist, darts can be added before the waistband is attached.

For grins, I pinned in some darts at the waist.  This looks better, but the dart decision can be made later.

3 comments:

  1. Are they kept up with an elastic band? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the center front and the center back portions are a typical waistband. The sides have elastic. Take a look at the line drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I'm looking for this burda. Would you sell it ?
    Yours,
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete