Monday, July 19, 2010

Bernina My Label T-Shirt – The Alien Version

I sewed this t-shirt last night. This is the same Frankenpattern t-shirt from posts in February. Basically, it is the Bernina My Label T-Shirt pattern with a gathered center front and sleeves shortened to ¾ length. I used the My Label t-shirt sleeve pattern this time, not the Simplicity 4076 bell sleeve.
The fabric, purchased back in February from Fabric.com, is a stretch jersey ITY (Interlock Twist Yarn). Yes, the print is a bit much, but I am going to wear it anyway.  It will be fine for the office.

I have a few other pieces of loud ITY fabric. Expect that they will show up here in one style or another.
 
I found this book, A Vintage Affair: A Novel, written by Isabel Wolff, on Amazon while looking for some light reading. The reviews were good (mostly). The Booklist editorial review on Amazon says that “Readers with a passion for couture fashion will appreciate (and feel vindicated by!) Wolff's well-researched and intricate descriptions of beautiful, significant vintage pieces.” As a result, if I am not sewing - this novel is why!

May this new week treat you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment