Mary Nanna was so right! I put a Schmetz Jeans/Denim size 16 needle in the Bernina and that was the solution to the topstitching. Those denim needles have been in the drawer but I’ve been reluctant to use them as they cost more than regular needles. So, the object lesson for today:
Being stingy is not going to work when it comes to topstitching denim
I am grateful that it isn’t a machine issue and I wish all of life’s problems were solved so easily…
Tomorrow, DD#1 will model her new jeans for us.
Encouraged, I cut out the Burda 01-2010-136 jeans. With the weather getting warmer, I decided they needed to be capri length.