Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blog Anniversary

Well, I’ve done this blog thing for a year now and, for the most part, have given up searching through retail stores for garments that fit. It just made sense to sew basic garments for myself and use the blog to record how it was progressing. Lately, I've realized that I’m no longer angry that retail doesn’t provide clothing that works for me.

A friend gifted me a sewing machine and I’ve also purchased new (and new-to-me) machines, tools, books, patterns and low-cost fabrics. It was wise to limit my fabrics to the mostly $1.95/yd. variety though I look forward to feeling comfortable purchasing more luxurious ones. To be honest, I do like a bargain and will continue to order them just being a bit more selective.

I have confidence that I can create clothing that fits my body.  There is much to do in waistband fitting and in tackling fear of zippered welt pockets, but rest assured, I’m gonna conquer those issues and others too.

I have to say that I enjoy wearing the things I’ve made. They may not be perfect and some are even odd – but they are mine.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary, I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting to a year - many blogs come and go well before then - some don't even make it past the first post! You've made some great items in that time.

    ReplyDelete