Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

2010 was a good year, in part because I was able to make clothes for myself that I actually want to wear!

I’ve learned a lot, but I’m not making any sewing resolutions for 2011 nor do I feel the need to revisit my 2010 projects. I know, I’m denying myself the annual ritual of self assessment…I’m ok with that.

There are no 2011 sewing goals or resolutions because, well, there are just too many variables. I mean, how do I know how much time I will have to sew, what fabrics will come my way or what events will dictate the type of garments I will need?

I don’t. As a result, my sewing of simple (and comfortable) garments will continue and I expect that the quality and fit of my garments will improve with new-to-me techniques and equipment. Also, I am getting closer to creating a wardrobe plan, though I’m not ready to set it in stone yet. I’m just gonna keep on sewing the clothes I need and the rest will take care of itself.

I wish you a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year! Make your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment