Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011, I’m a Little Sad to See You Go…



But I’m so looking forward to 2012! Already, most of Christmas has been packed away for next year. Only the stockings are waiting and I thought I'd share this one with you. My paternal grandmother made it, back in the fifties, for my doll. Somehow, the wool felt has survived all these years. Doesn’t it make you smile?

Christmas here was fun but there weren’t any sewn presents this year – no, not even for the dog. He did get shoes, purchased from Tuesday Morning. Watching him adjust to the new additions caused deep belly laughs for everyone. Best $9.00 spent ever…


Though not planned, 2011 saw me attending my own denim sewing school. I really did benefit from sewing with the same fabric over and over and over again. Another bonus: sewing pants no longer intimidates me.

About mid-year, my sewing mojo took a hit. It wasn’t totally lost and it has since returned (somewhat), but I sure am taking my time completing things. I’m not one to set a weekly or monthly sewing quota and I'm not going to start now. I will continue to let productivity be driven by my interests along with the need to clothe myself. No explanations, excuses, or apologies. It is what it is.


However, if it is any consolation, if I'm not sewing, there is a good chance I am reading about sewing (mostly blogs). And, sometimes I find myself on eBay looking at old sewing machines. I even bought one a few months ago. Just haven’t had time to clean it up, much less blog about it. It is a Singer 301A, the long bed version. Like my 403A, it has a slant shank and that means they can share presser feet. The condition is pretty good, especially when you consider it was made about the same time as my doll’s Christmas stocking. It came with its original little carrying case and will therefore become my traveling machine.

I wish you a Happy New Year!

See ya on the flip side!

2 comments:

  1. How did you ever get shoes on your Cairn Terrier? Mine is soooooo bad!

    ReplyDelete