Monday, August 29, 2011

Burda 08-2011-138


I used the “new to me” Activa140 to sew this top. As hoped, it did just fine. However, I will not be switching it out for the 930 Record. The 930 is my solid tank and has the undisputed #1 spot here.


As is my custom, I ignored the Burda instructions and put the top together as I pleased. The buttons and loops at the back were skipped. First, I didn’t want to spend time sewing details on a top that might not work; also, I don’t think I’d be comfortable with that back neck opening. The top is cut longer in the back and I love the ¾ sleeves! The sleeve bands are a nice touch. I didn’t interface them but next time I might - I’ll see how they do. Also, I will bring in the neck yokes at the shoulders to ensure bra strap coverage.


The fabric came from Fabric.com – a stretch rayon. The color makes me smile.

Make it a great week!

3 comments:

  1. The color makes me smile too. Pretty top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pretty top - the fabric is gorgeous and it drapes beautifully - just right for this style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful top! I love the color and the floral print. It looks as though it will be very comfortabe to wear too.

    ReplyDelete